Thursday 24 May 2007

And in the begining there was Blog.....


I have relocated to Thailand!




New; country, job, title, number, address, friends, clients, media, culture and language.


The purpose of my blog is to articulate (somehow) through words, what I learn (somehow) without understanding (most of the) words.


The title 'lost in translation' means so much more than I ever thought.


This will be a journey of understanding, realisation and applying excellence to my career in communication, when I am delighted if the cabbie can understand my address.


When new in a country things are hard. I know, this is my fifth. But when stripped of our language, how do we succesfully convey what is important to us in all facets of our life?


Well that' my friends, is what I am going to find out....


4 comments:

mixedlollies said...

I am very excited to be posting on your blog. I cannot wait to read about your adventures in Thailand. Particularly learning the language. The next time we see you, you will be fluent in Thai.

Love you long time!!

Unknown said...

Better to be lost in translation than lost on the dance floor I say (whoopsie!).

Anthony Venn-Brown said...

welcome to another stream in the wonderful world of cyberspace.......great to see you here and to know you. Its wonderful to be a part of your journey of self discovery and empowerment to create the life you desire.

Oakie Chiraskamin said...

Hi, I am Oak or Oakie. Nice to know you James. See you next Thursday.

Take Care